Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Lasagna is kind of a sacred thing to most of us. Ground beef, sauce, noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan. Nonetheless, it is always a pleasant day when you make a lasagna with totally unconventional flavors. Doing so will not just crack you up but also make you crave the jerk chicken lasagna.
Jerk Chicken Lasagna by The Food in My Beard
Ingredients for the Jerk Marinade
- 12 Green Onions
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 Habaneros (no seeds)
- 2 Tablespoons of Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Allspice
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutmeg
- 2 Dark Rum
- 2 Tablespoons of Molasses
- 1 Cup of Red Vinegar
- Salt and Sugar
For the Rest
- 1.5 Pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 28 Ounces of Canned Diced Tomato
- 1 Pound of lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of Grated Cheddar
- 1.5 Cups of Grated Mozzarella
- 1.5 Cups of Ricotta
- Put the jerk ingredients into a food processor then blend them well.
- Take one cup of the processed jerk ingredients and pour it over a pound-and-a-half of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Squeeze some lime onto it and let it marinate for a few hours.
- Place the chicken thighs into a baking dish and roast it at 400 degrees until it is cooked and shreddable (about 40 minutes).
- Shred the chicken with forks, adding just enough of the cooking liquid to keep it moist, then set it aside for later use.
- Add the remaining jerk marinade into a hot pan with oil and cook it on high for about 5 minutes. Make sure that you stir the jerk marinade often.
- Add a 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Blanch some lasagna in boiling water for 5 – 7 minutes. Layer it up with the cheddar, chicken, sauce, mozzarella, and ricotta. Bake it for about an hour at 350 degrees until the top turns crispy and everything is bubbling and delicious.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Lasagna by Dvamag
- 1.5 pound of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of wet jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 24 ounces of marinara sauce
- 1 pound of oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Slice the boneless and skinless chicken breasts into small 1/4-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine all the chicken pieces and the wet jerk seasoning. Give it a nice mix.
- Preheat the olive oil in a large frying pan and put the meat mixture. Cook it for at least 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat turns white.
- Stir the meat mixture frequently then drain the excess liquid.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan cheeses then set them aside for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a deep baking dish, arrange the oven-ready noodles along with the cooked jerk chicken, marinara sauce, and cheese mixture.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. You will notice that the top of the lasagna will get crisp and the entire thing is bubbling.
- Keep the lasagna covered with foil while baking until the last ten minutes of cooking. This is to ensure that the top won’t get burnt and the whole lasagna will remain moist.
Creamy Chicken Lasagna by Mommy Revolution
- 2 chicken breasts
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cube of chicken bullion
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 1 (8 oz) package of softened cream cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce
- Boil the chicken breasts and then shred it using forks..
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions, rinse them in cold water, and lay them aside to cool for a while.
- Dissolve the chicken bouillon cube in 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Combine the shredded chicken, bullion water, cream cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce at the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Layer the chicken mixture over the spaghetti sauce followed by 3 noodles.
- Repeat until all noodles are used.
- Top it with the remaining sauce (as much as you’d like!) followed by the mozzarella cheese. Bake it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Jerk Chicken Alfredo Lasagna by Able-bodied Chef
- Shredded jerk chicken
- Sliced vegetables
- Milk or cream
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Lasagna noodles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan (do not boil or scald). Remove from fire then add the cheese until it melts.
- Start layering the lasagna. Put a bit of the sauce in the baking dish, then the noodles, chicken, vegetables, and saude.
- Repeat the same layering then cover it with shredded cheese. Bake for at least an hour.
Jamaican Lasagna by Greedy Girl
Ingredients for the Chicken
- 2 pounds of ground chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 pack of jerk bacon
- 2 stalks of scallions
- 1 hot pepper
- 2 tablespoons of allspice
- 1 small onion
- 10 crackers
- 3 cups of water
- 1 chicken bullion
For the Callaloo Coconut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 bunch of finely chopped callaloo
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 3 shredded cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of ground allspice
- 1 stalk of chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
For the Ripe Plantain Spread
- 1 very ripe plantain
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped onion
- 4 to 5 cups of pepper-jack cheese
- 4 to 4 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 box of ready-to-cook lasagna sheets
Preparation for the Chicken
- Season the chicken with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, salt, black pepper, and onion powder. Set it aside for later use.
- Finely chop the bacon into small bits
- In a deep pot, put the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil then fry the bacon in it until they are halfway cooked.
- Once the bacon is halfway cooked, add in the chicken then simmer it until it turns brown. The bacon will render its own fat and finish cooking with the chicken.
- In a blender or food processor, combine one cup of water, hot pepper, allspice, scallion, and onion. Blend them until they turn into a smooth paste.
- Add the puree when there is no pink left in the mince. Stir and cook it for a few more seconds.
- Crush the powder in a blender or food processor until it is powdery.
- Add the crushed cracker, water, and bullion to the chicken. Give it a good stir then let it simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Once done, set it aside for an hour or two or store it inside the fridge overnight. Remove any excess oil that builds on top of the meat mixture with a spoon before assembling it into the lasagna.
For the Callaloo Coconut Sauce
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and onions then finely chop the callaloo.
- In a pan, preheat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil then saute the onions and tomatoes.
- Add in the callaloo and salt then give it a nice stir. Allow the callaloo to cook for 5 to 10 minutes until it produces its own liquid and it wilts down.
- Once the callaloo is cooked, take it out from the pan then blend it with 3 cups of coconut milk.
- In the same pan, preheat 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of flour then give it a nice stir. Allow the roux to turn brown for about 3 minutes.
- Put the callaloo-coconut mixture back into the pan then allow it to cook and thicken.
- Season the mixture with garlic, allspice, honey, thyme, and chopped scallion. Add some salt to taste.
- Once the mixture is thick and creamy, set it aside.
For the Plantain Spread
- Mince the onion and the ripe plantain until it forms a paste.
- Season the paste with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Set the paste inside the fridge.
Making the Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the lasagna sheets in boiling water then add some salt and a bit of oil. This will prevent the lasagna sheets from sticking. Cook the lasagna sheets until it is al dente.
- Shred the cheddar and pepper jack pepper.
- To assemble the lasagna, start by spooning the callaloo-coconut mixture in the bottom of the pan, followed by 3 to 4 lasagna sheets. Add the chicken meat, plantain paste, sauce, and cheese next. Repeat this process until the pan is filled. The top layer of your lasagna should be the meat plantain sauce fully covered by shredded cheese.
- Cover it with greased foil paper then cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once done, remove the foil then cook it for another 25 minutes.
- When the cheese turns golden brown, take it out from the oven then let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Jamaican Lasagna by Jamaican Dinners
Ingredients for the Tomatoes and Minced Meat Mixture
- 1 ½ lb of Ground Chicken Breast
- 4 Finely Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon of Dry or Fresh Parsley
- 2 tablespoon of Dry or Fresh Basil
- 1 teaspoon of Dry of Fresh Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of Dry or Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 Stack of Diced Scallion
- 1 Spring of Thyme, for flavoring only
- ½ Seedless Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 4 Pimento Seeds, for flavoring only
- small piece of Ginger, just for flavoring only, so it will be removed at the end
- 2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
- one 12oz can of Tomatoes Paste or two 6 oz. can
- one 24 oz. can of diced tomatoes or 1½ lb of diced Plum Tomatoes
For the Lasagna Noodle
- 13 Lasagna Noodles (boiled, reserve some extra to tie the broken ends.)
- 1 lb or 2 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Sea Salt or any salt
For the Ricotta-Cheese Mixture
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 15 oz. of part-skim Ricotta Cheese
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt (for boiling the noodles)
- extra grated parmesan cheese to sprinkle on the top before baking, and at the end when you are near to finish.
- Preheat your pan. Put the stove’s gauge on flame 6. Wait for 30 seconds to one minute before you put in the oil.
- Add the diced onions and garlic to the pan. Sautee for 1 minute and then immediately add the minced chicken breast.
- Add the pepper and the herbs, followed by the remaining seasonings. Allow it to cook for 6 minutes or until it is golden brown. Stir occasionally!
- Drain or remove the excess water and oil once done.
- Next, add the tomato paste then stir in for some thyme,. Add the diced tomatoes and stir.
- Take out the pepper, ginger, and pimento seeds from the mixture. Cover it properly with a lid while it simmers.
- Stir it occasionally then let it simmer for 35 minutes on low heat
- While waiting, boil some water and add the lasagna noodles. Let it cook for nine minutes.
- Drain the hot water and rinse the noodles with cold water. Don’t let the lasagna soak in the water. It will get soft.
- In a bowl, combine the beaten eggs, ricotta part-skim cheese, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, parsley, and a teaspoon of sea salt. Give them a good mix, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven for 8 to 10 minutes before baking.
Arrange all the ingredients you prepared in a baking dish
- Put 1/3 of the cooked tomato, minced chicken meat, and sauce on the bottom of the baking tray.
- Next, spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the lasagna noodle, sprinkle it with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, then spread the tomato sauce mixture over it. Do this process until the baking tray is full, then sprinkle the top layer with 1/3 of the grated parmesan cheese.
- Place a piece of greased foil paper over the baking tray then place a lid on top of it.
- Bake it for 30 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the foil then add the rest of the parmesan cheese on top. Bake it for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let it cool for a while before serving.
Everyone enjoys a good lasagna, right? That’s because it’s an excellent way to feed a crowd, like in a potluck.
Half the satisfaction of making lasagna is enjoying the leftovers! The lasagna can be kept inside the fridge for at least 5 days. Reheat the individual slices in the microwave or warm the whole casserole (covered with foil) in the oven at 350°F until it is bubbly again.
It freezes and reheats well, and it will keep you happy for days!
Do you want the perfect jerk chicken experience?
Below are some essential items that you should use to cook the perfect jerk chicken.
Get the smokey flavour in your jerk chicken.
Learn from others that have perfected the jerk chicken cooking technique.
Make sure your food is well cooked by turning the meat properly with turning tongs.
Keep save with BBQ gloves, which will allow you to cook the meat properly.
Vary the smokey flavour by using different BBQ woods and charcoal.
Check the temperature of your meats while cooking.
Get a complete BBQ set so that you are prepared to BBQ the best jerk chicken.