The excellent thing about a Jerk Chicken Wrap is that you can eat as many of them as you please because they are low carb and boy are they ever yummy. You can include Boston lettuce or any kind of lettuce you like. You can also use some coleslaw mix, which some people love to add to their salads. The same thing goes for peanuts and cilantro.
You can also add a dollop of mayonnaise, and add a bit of the Jamaican jerk seasoning to make it spicy. But If you don’t like the heat, just simply reduce the Jamaican jerk seasoning.
These Jerk Chicken Wrap Recipes are spicy, delicious, and somehow healthy. Excellent for a light lunch or dinner.
Jerk Chicken Wraps by Taste of Home
- 1/2 pound of boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3/4 teaspoon of Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese
- 2 warmed flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup of mango chutney
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup of julienned sweet red pepper
- 4 thin slices of red onion
- Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of jerk seasoning.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken in the oil for 5-6 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and the remaining jerk seasoning. Spread over tortillas.
- Spread the chutney over cream cheese. Layer it with lettuce, chicken, red pepper, and onion.
- Roll it up tightly and serve.
Chicken Jerk Wraps with Lime Mayo by Chicken.ca
Ingredients for the Chicken Jerk Wraps
- 1 1/2 lb of bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp of jerk Rub/seasoning
- 1 tbsp of fresh minced thyme
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 red pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 whole wheat tortilla, 10-inch or 25 cm
Jamaican Jerk Rub
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 4 tsp of dried thyme
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of minced red onions
- 1 tbsp of light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- Shake and rub the ingredients together in an airtight container. Use the extra to season chicken and vegetables for the grill.
- Mix the low-fat mayonnaise with finely minced red onion and garlic, freshly squeezed lime juice, and ¼ tsp (1 mL) of finely grated fresh lime peel. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Sprinkle the Jamaican Jerk then rub evenly over the chicken breasts and place in a 3.5L or 4-quart slow cooker crock. Bone-in breasts give a better flavor to the meat and sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh and minced thyme. Add the water to the crockpot down the side to avoid washing off the rub which will produce a dark coating over the chicken pieces. Cover and let it cook on low heat for 7 hours or on a high setting for 3-4 hours.
- Dice the sweet pepper. Peel and cut the mango into larger pieces, and dice it to the size of the peppers. Add them to the shredded green cabbage in a bowl.
- Take out the chicken from the cooker and let it cool for 5 minutes, reserving the cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, pull the chicken from the bone and slice the pieces across the grain, and place it in a shallow bowl.
- Season the sliced chicken with cooking juices from the crockpot and fresh lime juice.
- To assemble, top each tortilla with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the Lime Mayo and 1/8th of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Top it with ¼ cup (50 ml) vegetables and 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of black beans.
- Fold it up on one side of each tortilla then fold the inside edges. Roll it up tightly before cutting diagonally in half.
- Sprinkle the remaining vegetable mixture around the wraps for garnish. You can also slice the wrap into 1 inch (2.5 cm) for appetizers.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Jo Cooks
- 8 leaves of lettuce
- 2 chicken breasts sliced into small pieces
- 1 to 2 tbsp of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 cups of mixed coleslaw
- 1/4 cup of roughly chopped cilantro
- Slices of lime
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over medium heat.
- Sprinkle 1 – 2 tbsp of the Jamaican jerk seasoning over the chicken and give it a nice toss, making sure each piece is generously seasoned.
- Put the chicken in the preheated skillet and cook it for about 5 -7 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise with a bit of Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- To assemble the lettuce wraps, top every lettuce leaf with some of the chicken, coleslaw mix, cilantro, green onions, peanuts, and drizzle with a bit of the mayo sauce.
Jerk Chicken Wraps by Food and Wine
- 4 skinless and boneless butterflied halves of chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of the jerk seasoning paste
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Six 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 bunch of watercress, thick stems discarded
- In a baking dish, coat the chicken with the jerk paste, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cover and store it in a fridge for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with lime juice, garlic, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, and give it a nice whisk.
- Light up the grill then put the chicken over high heat, turning once, until it turns brown and cooked through (about 6 minutes).
- Lightly drizzle the tortillas with oil and grill it just until it is pliable and lightly charred (about 10 seconds per side).
- Slice the chicken into strips and arrange it on the tortillas. Top it with the watercress and drizzle it with the dressing.
- Roll up the tortillas burrito-style and serve.
Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wrap by Nourish and Fete
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon of jerk seasoning divided
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced or pounded thin
- 1 head of Boston Bibb lettuce
- 3/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup of shredded red or white cabbage
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of peanuts lightly-salted
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- a squeeze of lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons of the jerk seasoning and olive oil together into a thin paste. Rub equally over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Grill or saute the chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side or just until it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit and it is no longer pink in the middle. Remove and set it aside to rest before slicing it into thin strips.
- While the chicken cooks and rest, prep the remaining ingredients. Lay out lettuce leaves and place them on top of each other. And then line up your carrots, cabbage, cilantro, and peanuts.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the sour cream, lime juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning. Add more lime juice or water bit by bit, until you reach your desired consistency.
- To assemble the wraps, pile the sliced chicken on top of the lettuce, followed by the carrots, cabbage, cilantro, peanuts, and sauce. Garnish it with extra lime wedges if desired.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wraps by Whole Foods
- 8 ounces of chopped cooked chicken, off the bone
- 3 tablespoons of Caribbean jerk marinade of your favorite bottled variety
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 12 inches flour tortillas
- 3 leaves of red leaf lettuce or 3 leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 8 very thin slices of red onions
- 1⁄2 cup of prepared mango chutney
- Toss the chicken in the marinade and set it aside.
- Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla and place 2 lettuce leaves on top of it.
- Put the marinated chicken onto the lettuce, add the red onions and chutney, then top it with another lettuce leaf.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly and cut it in half, diagonally.
Pulled Jerk Chicken Wraps by Sorted Foods
Ingredients for the Filling
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 chicken breasts
- 150 g of thawed frozen peas
- 200 ml of Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 lime
For the Wrap
- 6 flour tortilla wraps
- 2 little gem of lettuces
- 1 red chili
- 1 lime
- Put the chicken breasts in a pan of water and heat it gently to a simmer slowly for 10 minutes. Take the chicken out and leave to cool.
- Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic, then fry it with the oil in a saucepan without lid for 5 minutes to soften.
- Squeeze some honey and tomato purée into the cooked onion mixture with the jerk seasoning and cook it for another 30 seconds before removing it from the heat.
- Shred the chicken into thin strips then add it to the mixing bowl with the yogurt, chopped coriander, defrosted peas, onion mixture, and lime juice. Mix then season it with salt and pepper.
- Lay a tortilla and place a couple of washed lettuce leaves just above the center. Stack on a couple of heaped tablespoons of the filling then fold up the bottom.
- Fold and serve your jerk chicken wrap with lime wedges and a sprinkle of freshly sliced red chili.
Jerk Chicken Wraps with Bean Salsa and Spicy Mayo by Delicious Magazine
- 4 free-range skinless chicken breasts, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp of jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
For the salsa
- 200g of chopped fresh pineapple pieces
- 400g of tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 finely sliced spring onions
- A chopped large handful of fresh coriander
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
For the spicy mayo
- 1 tbsp of hot sauce
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 4 tortilla wraps
- A handful of shredded little gem lettuce
- A handful of sliced red pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium. Give your chicken a nice toss in the jerk seasoning, thyme leaves, lime zest and juice, and vegetable oil until coated.
- Place it on a baking sheet lined with foil and grill it for 6 minutes on each side until it’s cooked through and lightly charred on the outside.
- To prepare the salsa, toss the pineapple bits with the kidney beans, spring onions, coriander, and lime zest, and juice.
- To prepare the spicy mayo, combine hot sauce and mayonnaise until it becomes smooth. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, gently warm the tortilla wraps under the grill, then cover it with the spicy mayo. Top each with some of the shredded little gem lettuce, sliced red pepper, and the bean salsa and hot chicken pieces.
- Wrap to serve.
Sweet Jerk Chicken Wraps with Avocado Salsa Recipe by Savory Spice
Ingredients for the Avocado Salsa
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 bunch of scallions, with the white and light green parts, are sliced
- 1/4 cup of frozen corn
- 2 Tbsp. of lime juice
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 2 cups of shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup of Sweet Jerk Barbecue Sauce
- 4 to 5 large tortilla wraps
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- For avocado salsa: Lightly mix all ingredients and season it with salt to taste.
- For wraps: Mix the chicken with barbecue sauce to fully coat.
- Lay out your tortilla and put 2 to 3 leaves of lettuce across the center.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of barbecue chicken and 2 to 3 Tbsp. of salsa across the lettuce and roll up the wrap. Do it again with the remaining barbecue chicken.
- Place any extra salsa on the side for dipping or with tortilla chips.
Jerk Chicken Roti Salad Wrap by Tabasco.com
Ingredients for the Wrap
- 2 teaspoons of Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice or ground pimento
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped fresh garlic
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
For the Roti
- 4 dhal puree Rotis (pre-bought is fine)
For the Salad
- Iceberg lettuce
- fresh coconut
- kidney beans
For the Tabasco-Mango-Mayo
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco original sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons of mango puree
- 100ml of mayonnaise
- Use a food processor or mortar and pestle to grind the spring onion, thyme, ground pimento, honey, soy sauce, vegetable oil, garlic, and tabasco sauce until it becomes a thick paste.
- Generously rub the jerk paste on the chicken, and store it in the fridge to marinate for at least 24 hours.
- After taking out the chicken from the fridge, rub it with a little oil.
- Mix the mango-mayo ingredients and store them in the fridge.
- Using a charcoal BBQ or griddle, cook the thighs on each side for 15-20 minutes until it turns golden brown or slightly charred. Leave it to rest for about 2-3 minutes then chop or slice.
- Preheat the pre-bought rotis in a tava or frying pan until they begin to color and puff up. Turn the roti onto the other side and do the same process.
- Put the warm roti on a plate, combining the salad mix to the center of the roti. Place the warm jerk chicken in the middle and drizzle it with the tabasco-infused mango-mayo sauce.
- Wrap the roti around the dressing until the chicken and salad are fully embedded inside. Serve and enjoy!
Jerk chicken wraps are a fast, tasty, and super healthy lunch or dinner! All the strong, dynamic flavor of Jamaican jerk chicken matched with crunchy veggies, peanuts, and a mouth-watering sauce can get you hooked.
Jamaican jerk seasoning is a bold, intricate blend that, once it catches you, tastes amazing on everything. Thus, giving the chicken a quick stroke of the stuff, then piling it onto the crisp lettuce wraps with a bountiful array of colorful veggies is just about the most delightful and healthy way to get your fix of the flavor!